From: wmperry@aventail.com (William M. Perry)
Subject: Re: w3 rendering
Date: 09 Nov 1999 07:12:11 -0500	[thread overview]

> So -- nnultimate has the parsed html in a variable, and I would like
> to insert html from that parse tree into a buffer.  So that I can let
> w3 parse it and render it later.  :-)
>
> Like this:
>
> 1. nnultimate calls w3-parse-buffer
> 2. nnultimate finds the <td> cell in the parsed tree
> 3. nnultimate wants to insert that HTML into the article bufffer so that
> 4. Gnus can let the text/html handler (i.e., w3) render it
>
> I can't find a way to do 3).  I've grepped through the w3 sources
> some, but I don't really know what to grep for...

You mean you want to insert it as raw HTML, or just directly draw what
you've already filtered out?  The display engine relies on certain pieces
of the parse tree being there at the beginning.  Most notably the special
'*document' tag make sit set up the local drawing variables and create a
special buffer.  You could do something like:

(defun nnultimate-draw-content (content)
  (w3-draw-tree (list (list '*document nil content)))
  (w3-finish-drawing))

-bp