* msmtp and GPG Issues
@ 2014-11-04 22:37 Aric Gregson
From: Aric Gregson @ 2014-11-04 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I have been attempting to us gpg encrypted files for my passwords in
msmtp. Gnus complains when trying to send messages and there are lots of
errors in the command buffer, beeps and complains that the email was not
sent, saving it in drafts. I have tried these and other command line
options for msmtp and get the same results.

     passwordeval gpg2 --quiet --no-greeting --use-agent --batch
     --no-verbose --no-tty -d ~/.msmtp.pswd.gpg

Indeed, when running the command in terminal, there is lots of
extraneous information that comes with the output of the password file.

Does anyone have such a method working in Gnus?

Another alternative could be to decrypt a msmtprc file when starting
Gnus, then destroying it when logging out, but I'm unsure on how to do
such a thing.

Gnus v0.11
emacs 24.4.50

Thanks, Aric

--
    ~O
    /\_,

* Re: msmtp and GPG Issues
@ 2014-11-05  8:04 ` Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2014-11-05  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

You saw GnusAuthinfo on emacswiki.org?

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusAuthinfo

* Re: msmtp and GPG Issues
@ 2014-11-05 14:17   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-11-05 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 09:04:40 +0100 Gijs Hillenius <gijs@hillenius.net> wrote:

GH> You saw GnusAuthinfo on emacswiki.org?
GH> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusAuthinfo

Or the hopefully helpful auth-source manual?  It has a user help section.

(info "auth")

Ted

* Re: msmtp and GPG Issues
@ 2014-11-05 19:52   ` Aric Gregson
From: Aric Gregson @ 2014-11-05 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Gijs Hillenius <gijs@hillenius.net> writes:

> You saw GnusAuthinfo on emacswiki.org?

Well, I do use that for outgoing. I'll take a closer look and figure out
how to use it with msmtp.

Thanks, Aric