* Can I do this with the registry?
@ 2009-03-15  5:50 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2009-03-15  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I was just reading the documentation on the way-cool registry feature
(thanks, Ted!) and my head started to explode.  It *sounds* as though
one might be easily able to use the Registry to accomplish something
I've long wanted.  It goes something like this:

For various reasons, I need to delete messages from my INBOX when I'm
done with them.  Often someone will send me a reply and fail to quote
important context, or I'll simply need to go back and review earlier
messages in the thread.  I keep a "history" folder that essentially
accumulates everything that's passed through my email flow, so I have
the messages, but to find them I have to do lots of navigation.  Oh, and
sometimes I don't "have" all the messages, but they're available on some
NNTP group I subscribe to, because threads get "taken offline" (or the
opposite).

I'd really like a way to collect all the messages connected to a thread,
no matter which groups the thread has passed through.  Can the registry
help with that, and if so, how?

TIA,

--
Dave Abrahams