From: Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de>
Subject: Re: OT [Archive techniques] What to do when it gets massive
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 13:12:08 +0200	[thread overview]

> I've been archiving a changing list of nntp and mail messages for a
> very long time.

To split mail archives by month, perhaps the easiest method is to let
the messages expire and to configure expiry such that, instead of
deleting the message, it moves the message to an archive group.

And then you configure Gnus such that the archive location is a
different one every month, and you're all set.

But for nntp this seems to be more difficult.  Hm.  I'm not sure
what's a good method for this.  Perhaps extending gnus-agent-expire to
do something similar to the expiry-target feature for mail?

Kai