* fill-column is misused in *Article*
@ 1998-12-03 17:53 Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1998-12-03 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

After rendering text/html segments, fill-column seems to be left
behind in the setting in which it was used for HTML rendering, which
means that it is wrong when the next garden variety text/plain article
comes along whose lines are too long and which I therefore want to
reformat with `W w'.  It would be good if either HTML rendering were
not to mess with the value already present in *Article*, or if the
default fill-column were re-asserted just before the article is
presented (before W3 changes it again, that is, so that it's the
normal setting for other types of articles).

* Re: fill-column is misused in *Article*
@ 1998-12-03 18:27 ` William M. Perry
From: William M. Perry @ 1998-12-03 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Karl Kleinpaste <karl@justresearch.com> writes:

> After rendering text/html segments, fill-column seems to be left behind
> in the setting in which it was used for HTML rendering, which means that
> it is wrong when the next garden variety text/plain article comes along
> whose lines are too long and which I therefore want to reformat with `W
> w'.  It would be good if either HTML rendering were not to mess with the
> value already present in *Article*, or if the default fill-column were
> re-asserted just before the article is presented (before W3 changes it
> again, that is, so that it's the normal setting for other types of
> articles).

  I suppose gnus could do a:

(let ((fill-column fill-column))
  ... w3 render ...