Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes: > Dale Hagglund writes: > > But, isn't the article number in the Xref header information? > This is what Gnus does. (Well -- it's what Gnus is supposed to do, > but bugs have been known to exist here and there.) I've been poking around a bit in nntp.el, and I see what you're talking about, in `nntp-find-group-and-number'. However, the code only maps from article number to group name, not vice versa, which is needed when you've fetched an article via message-id. Here's a patch for 0.51 that fixes the problem, at least for me. Basically, I pass a `prefgroups' parameter that's used to choose the desired newsgroup when more than one is on the Newsgroups line. Then, if either newsgroup name or article number is unknown, I look it up from the Xref line using the known value. There's rather more comments than usual, but I needed them to keep it all straight in my head . . . . Dale.