From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: hefty paused when press `g' and other commands
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 10:26:40 -0500	[thread overview]

I've been experiencing this problem for some months now.
Nearly every time I attempt so send a news post or mail the `Ctr-c'
meets with an interminable hang.

Ditto for refreshing news `Alt-g' or `g'

Kill out with Ctr-g then follow with the same command and it works as
expected.

This nearly always... there are rarish occasions with pressing the
commands gets the desired response immediately.

Something to do with my internet connection perhaps... but is there
something I can do with gnus that will not allow the connections
involved go stale? ... something like a `keep-alive' type signal.

Some way to make gnus call the necessary connections every few
seconds?  Maybe with-out actully carring them through?