* two types of bookmark
@ 2021-01-15  9:10 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2021-01-15  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi

I just learned that there are two types of bookmarks for gnus.

    1. M b runs the command gnus-summary-set-bookmark, but there is no
       documentation how to jump or how to list bookmarks.

    2. gnus-bookmark-set provided by gnus-bookmark.el (which is part of
       gnus) but which is not bound to any key in the gnus summary
       buffer.

Anybody has an idea about feature 1?

Regards

Uwe Brauer

* Re: two types of bookmark
@ 2021-01-15 10:53 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2021-01-15 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Uwe writes:

>     1. M b runs the command gnus-summary-set-bookmark, but there is no
>        documentation how to jump or how to list bookmarks.

The functionality here seems to be that the article is displayed in the
position it was at, when you bookmarked it, the next time you open the
article.

So if an article is 10 screens long and you press M b while on screen 4,
and close the article, if you later open the article with the bookmark
again, it will open on screen 4.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Snurra min jord igen"                                     Adam Sjøgren
                                                       asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: two types of bookmark
@ 2021-01-15 12:59   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2021-01-15 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)