On Thursday, 28 Dec 2017 at 00:24, Emanuel Berg wrote: > Eric S Fraga wrote: > >> Is there some variable that I may be setting >> that affects memory use so dramatically? >> Or is there some variable I should set to >> avoid this problem? I have set >> gnus.thread.refer.limit to 0 but have done no >> other tests. > > Could this be the same thing I have reported > a couple of times? I.e. the huge .overview > files? E.g., my gmane.emacs.help ditto isn't > that big at the moment - only 36M! > > $ find ./ -name .overview -exec ls -lh {} \; Ah, interesting; it could be. My gmane.linux.debian.user overview file, for instance, is 162Mb! Is there a solution? What if I delete the overview file? Will having it regenerate lead to the same size? Thanks, eric -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, org 9.1.5