* MA GNUS git seems to have disappeared - where can I get 5.14+ source ?
       [not found] <CALyZvKyhQyTXhUtHt-G_wOchs6Uug9ah_9pbhbLzr16=Yg5mPQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-04-12 13:54 ` Jason Vas Dias
From: Jason Vas Dias @ 2016-04-12 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Good day - sorry to bother you,
but I thought I should let you know that
all links to the GNUS GIT website :
    http://git.gnus.org/*
result in HTTP 404 'page not found' errors.
Please can you tell me where to download
the latest MA GNUS source code (el) - it is
my favorite mail reader and I'm trying to
install it on a new machine, having lost
access to the machine where I previously
installed it - if you could please just send
me an up to date tarball, that would be
fine - the latest I can find on the web is:
File: gnus-5.10.6.tar.gz   2259 KB 	04/01/04
      ( ftp://quimby.gnus.org/pub/gnus/gnus-5.10.6.tar.gz ) -
I believe the latest version should be 5.14+ ?
Where can I download this 5.14+ tarball ?
Thank You & Regards,
Jason Vas Dias

* Re: MA GNUS git seems to have disappeared - where can I get 5.14+ source ?
@ 2016-04-12 14:18   ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2016-04-12 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Jason Vas Dias <jason.vas.dias@gmail.com> writes:

> Good day - sorry to bother you,
> but I thought I should let you know that
> all links to the GNUS GIT website :
>     http://git.gnus.org/*
> result in HTTP 404 'page not found' errors.
> Please can you tell me where to download
> the latest MA GNUS source code (el) - it is
> my favorite mail reader and I'm trying to
> install it on a new machine, having lost
> access to the machine where I previously
> installed it - if you could please just send
> me an up to date tarball, that would be
> fine - the latest I can find on the web is:
> File: gnus-5.10.6.tar.gz   2259 KB 	04/01/04
>       ( ftp://quimby.gnus.org/pub/gnus/gnus-5.10.6.tar.gz ) -
> I believe the latest version should be 5.14+ ?
> Where can I download this 5.14+ tarball ?
> Thank You & Regards,
> Jason Vas Dias

Hi there,

Development of Gnus has been moved to the main Emacs git repo, so there
is no longer an external source of the most up-to-date code. To get that
code, just install a recent version of Emacs, and use the Gnus that
comes with it.

Hope that helps,
Eri