Dan Christensen writes: > Eric Abrahamsen writes: > >> Ha, well that was a bust, wasn't it? Turns out there were multiple >> issues here -- the patch I sent fixed group creation via moving >> messages, but nnmairix calls `nnimap-request-group' with INFO set to >> nil, so Bjørn's solution was still necessary. I've made some more >> adjustments to the group creation process, which I hope won't mess >> anything else up. Would you mind trying these two patches? > > I tried the two patches, without Bjørn's patches applied, and the first > hunk of your second patch didn't apply cleanly. I applied it manually. > But now I get a different backtrace when trying to enter the group (see > below). This is probably related to this change of Bjørn's: > > (nnimap-finish-retrieve-group-infos server (list info) sequences > t) > (setq active (nth 2 (assoc group nnimap-current-infos))))) > (erase-buffer) > + (or active (setq active (cons 0 0))) > (insert (format "211 %d %d %d %S\n" > (- (cdr active) (car active)) > (car active) > > But I tried using Bjørn's patches instead of your second patch, and > still had some trouble. Maybe it's something to do with the patch not > applying cleanly? Or I might be using the wrong version of nnimap.el. > Are you using the latest git version? > > Unfortunately, I don't have time to look into it further right now. > > Thanks again for proposing fixes! I pushed a small change to `nnimap-request-group' yesterday that would have prevented the first patch from applying cleanly -- sorry, I should have mentioned you'd need to pull again first. I thought my changes to the group creation process would have ensured that all new groups had an "active" entry, but I guess not. I'd like to take one more whack at this, and then I'm going to give up and just put Bjørn's guard in. Would you mind removing Bjørn's patches, pulling once more, and trying these two? Thanks! Eric