* expired emails disappearing when intended to be filed elsewhere
@ 2014-04-01 10:21 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-04-01 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I have typically been sending expired emails from my mail general email
group into a catch all group called, not very imaginatively,
"expired".  This was done using the configuration accessible by "G c"
from the Group buffer.  As that expired archive has gotten too large to
manage properly, I decided I would expire/archive articles to monthly
groups using:

  (setq nnmail-expiry-target (concat "nnimap+ucl:expired-" (format-time-string "%Y%m")))

When emails expire now, they seem to disappear completely, given me the
impression that they have been deleted (which is a little frustrating
but that's life in the fast lane ;-).  The desired group does not get
created or, if I create it manually, does not get used.

Can anybody suggest what I may be doing wrong?  Probably something
really stupid... :(

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.4.50.2 + Ma Gnus v0.10 + evil 1.0-dev