From: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: coding problem UTF8 (was: icalendar.el and gnus.)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:24:47 +0100	[thread overview]

>> On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 22:21:39 -0500,
>> david.goldberg6@verizon.net (Dave Goldberg) wrote:

   >> Hello

   > (defun dsg-icalendar-handle-part (handle)

[snip]

   > (setq gnus-article-mime-part-function 'dsg-icalendar-handle-part)

Thanks that works nicely, save the coding problem. That is
when use space to display the message, the minibuffer
displays.

Add appointment for "Seminario Matemática Aplicada" on 12 5 2012 at 11:00 to diary? (y or n) No

When I answer with y, the appointment is inserted but like
this:

12/5/2012 11:00-12:00 Seminario Matemática Aplicada
 Desc: Jan Cholewa. Silesian, University, Katowice, Poland.
 "On the equi-exponential attraction and rate of convergence of attractors"

 Organizado por el Departamento de Matemática Aplicada
 con la colaboración del Grupo de Investigación UCM
  "Comportamiento Asintótico y Dinámica de Ecuaciones
 Diferenciales" (CADEDIF).
 View your event at http://www.google.com/calendar/event?action=VIEW&eid=cGdnaGVsNDVobGxrNXF2MW81azcyOG9oaXMgb3ViQG1hdC51Y20uZXM&tok=MjEjb3ViLm91Yi5vdWJAZ21haWwuY29tZTcyYzhjZTg5YmUwNTBkYzVjMjZiNDMzZjM2YzFkNzYwNGZmZjg3ZQ&ctz=Europe/Madrid&hl=en.
 Location: Seminario Alberto Dou (aula 209)
 Organizer: mailto:oub.oub.oub@gmail.com

I hope the bad encoded UTF8 chars reach the group
I have á etc instead of à
So I have to run
(decode-coding-region start end 'utf-8 nil)

When I answer the question with NO and then call the
icalendar-import-buffer manually the coding is fine!