From: "Toke Høiland-Jørgensen" <toke@toke.dk>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: nnmaildir vs offlineimap: patch to use flags properly
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:34:18 +0200	[thread overview]

Magnus Henoch <magnus.henoch@gmail.com> writes:

> Right, if the file name is not formatted as nnmaildir expects it to
> be... I'll have a look at that and try to make it expect the
> unexpected.  You don't happen to be able to find what the file names of
> those messages were before they were fixed?

Sorry, no; I fixed them all already, and it did not occur to me to look
at the file names. They showed up correctly in Mutt, though, so I'm not
sure they were that garbled. And gnus could read them, marking them as
read just didn't work...

> As I understand it, an IMAP client is allowed to set its own flags on
> the server (and nnimap does this to save e.g. expired and dormant
> flags), but there is no standard way to store non-standard flags with
> Maildir, and offlineimap seems not to be able to handle it. I'd be
> happy to be proven wrong, though.

I've experimented with setting an E flag on the mails (by adding it to
the file name), and I've seen offlineimap assert that it is syncing the
flag to the server, but on the next sync they are removed in the
maildir... Dunno if this is just because my server is wonky...

-Toke

--
Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
toke@toke.dk