* WYSWYG HTML mail composition with Gnus/Org-mode
@ 2010-04-01 19:23 Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2010-04-01 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

This email stems from a discussion on the org-mode mailing list [1].

The code located at [2] allows for the sending of text/html multipart
alternatives of email messages from Gnus message buffers.

`orgstruct-mode' and `orgtbl-mode' allow for using Org-mode syntax in
mail buffers.  The code mentioned above uses the HTML export mechanisms
of Org-mode to approximate WYSWYG HTML email composition -- retaining
the original org-mode text as a text/plain alternative.

Not to advocate an increase in the use of HTML email, but I find these
functions useful when sending tables, lists or latex formulas to people
who I know use web clients w/o fixed-width fonts to read their email.

I just thought I'd mention this code here as well.

Cheers -- Eric

Footnotes:
[1]  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/23153

[2]  http://github.com/eschulte/org-mime