* Dealing with hanging IMAP connections
@ 2009-11-22 21:18 David Engster
From: David Engster @ 2009-11-22 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On my notebook, which is connected via WLAN, my IMAP connection hangs
from time to time. When this happens, I completely have to restart Gnus,
which I find pretty annoying. Stefan Monnier posted a patch to
emacs-help which will open a new connection when you interrupt the
current IMAP operation with C-g. I've applied this patch to my
installation and find it very useful. I think this or something similar
should be applied to imap.el, preferably as a customizable option?

Here's the link to Stefan's post:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.help/69934

Regards,
David