* How to open a summary buffer reliable?
@ 2008-12-10 19:14 Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2008-12-10 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

for following org-mode links to articles in Gnus, I need a way to open a
summary buffer.  Currently I use

        (gnus-group-read-group 1 nil group),

but that fails if the user deleted the last message in the group.
Replacing the 1 with a t isn't too good either, cause then the user
could give a number smaller than the deleted last articles and summary
won't be entered.

So is there another way to do that?  I'd be fine to open an empty
summary.  Directly after entering I select the linked article with

          (gnus-summary-goto-article article nil t)

anyway.

Bye,
Tassilo