Reiner Steib wrote: > Committed. Thank you for your contributions. I am very sorry to say that I've just discovered a rather awkward mistake in my patch. The variable tls-checktrust isn't even referenced anywhere, hence only parts of the advertised functionality are provided so far. Please find attached a patch to fix this issue. I really am sorry for making all the fuss and then not getting it right in the first place. > > Some remarks for future contributions: [...] > See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.commits/5529 for my > cosmetic/style changes. In the cvs trunk I can see that you made some adjustments to line breaks as well. What is the maximum line length in doc strings? Also, is there a comprehensive source for information about Emacs and Gnus codingstyle and good practice? And what is the canonical way to provide ChangeLog entries if I have no commit privileges or, to put it another way, the attached patch alright in this respect? Regards, Elias