Not infrequently I would like to apply word wrapping to a region of the article buffer, rather than to the whole buffer, for example, when the buffer contains a mix of overlong text lines and formatted text (inlined code, tables, etc.). In such cases gnus-article-fill-cited-article (bound to `W w') munges the formatted text, making it all but unreadable. Is there a way to do this that I have overlooked? (I know I can do 'W w' to read the text with overlong lines, then do `g' to redisplay the formatted text, but that's not so nice.) If not, then I would like to propose the attached change to gnus-article-fill-cited-article, which wraps an explicitly selected region of the article buffer, and if there isn't one, then wraps the whole buffer just as it currently does. My patch is against the current Emacs CVS trunk, i.e., Gnus 5.11. If such a feature is available in No Gnus, I would like to hear about it. Steve Berman