Reiner Steib writes: > On Wed, Oct 12 2005, Martin Geisler wrote: > >> Gnus v5.11 >> GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars, multi-tty) > [...] >> When using adaptive scoring together with decaying of scores, authors >> are never really adaptively scored: when reading an article the from >> address gets +3, but the default decay function snaps scores between >> -3 and +3 to zero... so unless you happen to read several articles by >> the same author on a given day, then the scores will always stay at >> zero. > > How about making it depend on `gnus-score-decay-constant'? But > maybe that's overkill and we should only mention it in the doc > string. Opinions? I think your suggestion is very good! The important thing is that people see the wanted effect right "out of the box" --- afterwards they can adjust it as always. Thanks for looking into this! -- Martin Geisler GnuPG Key: 0x7E45DD38 PHP Exif Library | PHP Weather | PHP Shell http://pel.sf.net/ | http://phpweather.net/ | http://mgeisler.net/ Read/write Exif data | Show current weather | A shell in a browser