* Make the agent reread the overview file in NNTP groups?
@ 2004-07-01  9:13 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2004-07-01  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have news.gmane.org as an agentized NNTP server.

I tried to find some old articles in gmane.comp.lib.libwww, but Gnus
wouldn't show them, even when being online.

It shows these articles when I remove news.gmane.org from the agent,
and then access the last 200 articles in the group.  I tried ticking
the articles in question, and then reentered news.gmane.org in the
agent.  But the articles still weren't present when I accessed the
group when being online.

Is there a way to flush the agent, to make it re-read the actual
overview file in groups on the server again?

Thanx!

- Steinar

* Re: Make the agent reread the overview file in NNTP groups?
@ 2004-07-01  9:53 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2004-07-01  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I have news.gmane.org as an agentized NNTP server.
> I tried to find some old articles in gmane.comp.lib.libwww, but Gnus
> wouldn't show them, even when being online.
[snip!]
> Is there a way to flush the agent, to make it re-read the actual
> overview file in groups on the server again?

Removing the .agentview file in the group seemed to be enough (I left
the .overview file alone to see what happened).

Whether this has any undesirable side effects or not, remains to be
seen...:-)