* [POLL]: Procmail or native gnus splitting ?
@ 2003-07-11  6:37 Xavier Maillard
                   ` (13 more replies)
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2003-07-11  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am just submitting a poll on every Gnus board I can to ask people
what do they use to classify theirs mails.

It is a consequence of the redaction of an article on 'how to get IMAP
and Gnus play fairly together' on the Gnus French site [1]. There, I've
been told not to talk about nnimap splitting feature because numerous
people used to use procmail base filter to split their incoming mails.

As I don't (use procmail), I would like to know the percentage of Gnus user using the
native (awesome) splitting feature of Gnus.

In the same way, does procmail allows Gnus or any other MUA, to poll
their mails directly or does it force the use of another 3rd party tool
such as fetchmail to achieve this task ?

Sorry to bother but as long as nobody can show me the benefit at using
procmail/fetmail stuff, I don't really see the point ;) The only thing
I was told is that it is easier to switch my MUA when using
procmail. But how somebody can change from Gnus to another one ? :)

Regards,

zeDek

Footnotes:
[1] http://gnusfr.org
--
http://www.gnusfr.org -- French Gnus user site

Anti-war disclaimer:
	"Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity"