* nnimap mail checking trouble
@ 2001-02-07 23:10 Steven E. Harris
From: Steven E. Harris @ 2001-02-07 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Last week, my ISP switched over to an updated version of Courier using
maildir++ as the storage. Since then, my normal practice of checking
for new mail by hitting '2 g' or '1 g' is no longer reliable. I can
hit '2 g' over and over again with no new messages reported. Then, I
can hit 'M-g' on the group and lots of messages suddenly show
up. Also, if I just hit 'Enter' to, well, enter the group, there will
be more messages than reported in the Group buffer. There's no way
that all of these messages just arrived in between my queries.

Gnus/nnimap never exhibited this behavior before the server
upgrade. What could be causing the '2 g' invocations to miss the new
messages?

--
Steven E. Harris        :: steven.harris@tenzing.com
Tenzing                 :: http://www.tenzing.com

* Re: nnimap mail checking trouble
@ 2001-02-07 23:23 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-02-07 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

"Steven E. Harris" <steven.harris@tenzing.com> writes:

> Last week, my ISP switched over to an updated version of Courier using
> maildir++ as the storage. Since then, my normal practice of checking
> for new mail by hitting '2 g' or '1 g' is no longer reliable. I can
> hit '2 g' over and over again with no new messages reported. Then, I
> can hit 'M-g' on the group and lots of messages suddenly show
> up. Also, if I just hit 'Enter' to, well, enter the group, there will
> be more messages than reported in the Group buffer. There's no way
> that all of these messages just arrived in between my queries.
>
> Gnus/nnimap never exhibited this behavior before the server
> upgrade. What could be causing the '2 g' invocations to miss the new
> messages?

(setq imap-log "*imap-log*"), press `2 g', insert "foo" in the
*imap-log* buffer, press M-g on some of the groups, and mail me the
contents of *imap-log*.

* Re: nnimap mail checking trouble
@ 2001-02-07 23:35   ` Steven E. Harris
From: Steven E. Harris @ 2001-02-07 23:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> writes:

> (setq imap-log "*imap-log*"), press `2 g', insert "foo" in the
> *imap-log* buffer, press M-g on some of the groups, and mail me the
> contents of *imap-log*.

Will do.