* gnus-summary-delete-article: The current newsgroup does not support article deletion
@ 2021-09-15  3:46 Rajeev Gore
From: Rajeev Gore @ 2021-09-15  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding, rpg

Hi all,

I am a newcomer to gnus as a mail-reader but am familiar with emacs
itself.

I have around 7000 emails in my Inbox and most of them are marked E for
expirable as I do so deliberately.

I have not set auto-expire or any other expire feature but wish to rely
on emacs to delete the Expired emails automatically after 7 days.

But the emails are not being deleted at all.

The first thing I checked was the permissions on the Inbox and I
definitely have read and write permission. Nobody else does.

Moreover, B e also does not work but gives me the message in the subject
line:
gnus-summary-delete-article: The current newsgroup does not support article deletion.

I have RTFMed and done quite a lot of searching on the web to no avail.

I suspect that I need to set some magical variable that I do not know
about, but am at a loss.

Any help appreciated.

thanks,
raj

* Re: gnus-summary-delete-article: The current newsgroup does not support article deletion
@ 2021-09-23 11:31 Rajeev Gore
From: Rajeev Gore @ 2021-09-23 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding, rpg

Hi Eric,

(setq gnus-select-method
      '(nntp "news.gnus.org"))

It just occurred to me that it might be this:
(setq gnus-parameters '((".*" (display . all))))

Is it possible that the "display all" turns off article deletion?

thanks,
raj