On Tuesday, 8 May 2018 at 14:16, Eric Abrahamsen wrote: > My guess is that outlook is building an index for the web interface that > isn't available for the IMAP server. Unfortunately you can't do anything > about that -- when issuing an IMAP SEARCH command, only the server knows > if a search index is available or not. It's possible that there is an > index but it's gotten corrupted, but then you'd expect the web interface > to be slow too. It's more likely that they've done one for the web, but > neglected IMAP. This sounds very likely. > If you have a copy of outlook the MUA on your machine, this link might > (?) be useful: > > https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/fix-outlook-2016-search-problems/ Thanks. I don't have Outlook and the web interface does not provide any links for rebuilding the search index. I don't think there are search problems as such, given that the OWA interface is fast. I think it is indeed that the imap interface to the server is not properly supported. Which is not a surprise. eric -- Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50 & org 9.1.6 on Debian buster/sid