Thanks for this Adam. Currently each mail/newsposting sent, has a copy saved under - "nnfolder+archive:sent.2014-12", for this month. What I would like to do is to be able to save each of these folders into another one just for "2014" and thereby taking them out of the folder tree and putting them one layer further down. Then the new one visible and in use will be "nnfolder+archive:sent.2015-01" I could do it easily and manually with copy folder, and paste into 2014 folder, but is it possible to do it as part of a script please? Or as part of gnus? Thanks Sharon. -- A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk my git repo = https://bitbucket.org/boudiccas/dots TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk Debian testing, fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.4.1.0