* message-sendmail-extra-arguments as a group parameter
@ 2013-02-15 19:58 Seb
From: Seb @ 2013-02-15 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

I'm using msmtp to send mail through SMTP.  I have two SMTP servers
defined in ~/.msmtp, and setting the following:

      message-send-mail-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail
      sendmail-program "/usr/bin/msmtp"
      message-sendmail-extra-arguments '("-a" "gmail")

does send mail through the "gmail" account in ~/.msmtp.  Now I need to
send mail depending on the group.  According to the manual (Section 2.10
Group Parameters, `(VARIABLE FORM)' part), I've included (yanked from
the customize screen):

Variables:
            Set variables local to the group you are entering. More
INS DEL Variable: message-sendmail-extra-arguments
            Value: '("-a" "bsrc")

in a group where I want to use the "bsrc" account in ~/.msmtp.  This
wasn't sufficient because it only sets the variable in the summary
buffer.  The manual does suggest that in order for this to work in the
message or article buffer, then one would need to add:

(add-to-list 'gnus-newsgroup-variables
	     '(message-sendmail-extra-arguments . '("-a" "gmail")))

But the result is that as soon as I enter the group where I need the
"bsrc" account, then message-sendmail-extra-arguments has global value
'("-a" "bsrc")... Any suggestions?

Thanks,

--
Seb

* Re: message-sendmail-extra-arguments as a group parameter
@ 2013-02-16 17:56 ` Łukasz Stelmach
From: Łukasz Stelmach @ 2013-02-16 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding