* "unexist" tracking
@ 2012-02-11 17:59 Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-02-11 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I've now added tracking of non-existent articles to nnimap.  This will
require a complete resync the first time you use it, so it'll take a
while.

Let me know whether this totally destroys your IMAP marks.  ;-)

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Sent from my Rome

* Re: "unexist" tracking
@ 2012-02-11 22:53 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2012-02-11 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I've now added tracking of non-existent articles to nnimap.  This will
> require a complete resync the first time you use it, so it'll take a
> while.

> Let me know whether this totally destroys your IMAP marks.  ;-)

Sounds scary!

Could you elaborate on what this change is for...? (it wasn't
immediately clear to me, from the description above)

* Re: "unexist" tracking
@ 2012-02-11 23:14   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-02-11 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> Could you elaborate on what this change is for...? (it wasn't
> immediately clear to me, from the description above)

It keeps track of what messages don't exist.

For instance, if you previously said `C-u 5 RET' on an nnimap group, and
the highest article number in the group was 550, it would select
articles 546-550.  (I.e., the five last articles.)  But if article 547
didn't exist, you'd get an article buffer with four articles.

With the new changes, `C-u 5 RET' will give you articles 545, 546, 548,
549 and 550 instead.

@ 2012-02-13 16:59     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2012-02-13 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 00:14:29 +0100 Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LI> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
>> Could you elaborate on what this change is for...? (it wasn't
>> immediately clear to me, from the description above)

LI> It keeps track of what messages don't exist.

LI> For instance, if you previously said `C-u 5 RET' on an nnimap group, and
LI> the highest article number in the group was 550, it would select
LI> articles 546-550.  (I.e., the five last articles.)  But if article 547
LI> didn't exist, you'd get an article buffer with four articles.

LI> With the new changes, `C-u 5 RET' will give you articles 545, 546, 548,
LI> 549 and 550 instead.

Cool stuff.  No trouble yet for me.

Ted