* Re: nnimap problems: Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-delete-duplicates
@ 2011-02-26  3:36     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-02-26  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> Then I started a new emacs (the one I'm writing in now).  And this emacs
> didn't have the problems.

This sounds like you're picking up an old version of gnus-util from
somewhere.

* nnimap problems: Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-delete-duplicates
@ 2011-02-26  9:22 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2011-02-26  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

With the current head I get the following message in the minibuffer when
starting gnus:
 Warning: Unable to open server nnimap+privat due to: Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-delete-duplicates

If I go to the server buffer and open the nnimap server, it switches
from offline to open.

But if I try to enter an nnimap group it fails with this message:
 gnus-select-newsgroup: Couldn't request group nnimap+privat:dod: BAD Error in IMAP command received by server.

* Re: nnimap problems: Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-delete-duplicates
@ 2011-02-26  9:35 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2011-02-26  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> With the current head I get the following message in the minibuffer when
> starting gnus:
>  Warning: Unable to open server nnimap+privat due to: Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-delete-duplicates

> If I go to the server buffer and open the nnimap server, it switches
> from offline to open.

> But if I try to enter an nnimap group it fails with this message:
>  gnus-select-newsgroup: Couldn't request group nnimap+privat:dod: BAD Error in IMAP command received by server.

The platform is Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Edition (2D launcher, not Unity)
and emacs22.

* Re: nnimap problems: Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-delete-duplicates
@ 2011-02-26  9:42   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2011-02-26  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Interesting.  I tried starting gnus again in the same emacs, and got the
same problems.

@ 2011-02-26 10:05     ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2011-02-26 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Interesting.  I tried starting gnus again in the same emacs, and got the
> same problems.

> Then I started a new emacs (the one I'm writing in now).  And this emacs
> didn't have the problems.

Another data point for gnus-sync and lost read marks: when it failed
with the nnimap messages, I still had the gnus-sync'd read marks after
starting up.  When I started up a fresh emacs with a fresh gnus (the
same version as the one that failed), the gnus-sync'd read marks (or at
least a lot of them), were gone.

* Re: nnimap problems: Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-delete-duplicates
@ 2011-02-26 12:41       ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2011-02-26 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> This sounds like you're picking up an old version of gnus-util from
> somewhere.

Right!  Pity I've now killed that emacs process, or I could have seen
what `M-x locate-library gnus-util RET' had said there.

On this emacs (which didn't fail) I get:
 Library is file ~/git/gnus/lisp/gnus-util.elc
(which is the no gnus one).

What could make it go wrong is anybody's guess... hm... depends on when
gnus-util is loaded.  If I load it from my config it would be picked up
on just emacs startup.  And I started that emacs process (but didn't
start gnus) before I did git pull and the rebuild.

Can't find any occurrance of gnus-util in .emacs or .gnus.el, though...?

* Re: nnimap problems: Symbol's function definition is void: gnus-delete-duplicates
@ 2011-02-27  4:31         ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-02-27  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> Can't find any occurrance of gnus-util in .emacs or .gnus.el, though...?

There are other packages that also load gnus-util, I've found.  So if
you load anything before setting load-path to point to git Gnus, you
stand a pretty good chance of getting a stale version of that file.