Steinar Bang writes: >>>>>> Florian Ragwitz : >> On gnus-group-suspend, the old nnimap seems to have kept open the >> connection to the IMAP server, whereas the new one closes them and >> reconnects when Gnus is started the next time. > > FWIW I think the new behaviour is the correct one, and I've found the > old behaviour annoying, and I've had to start a new gnus in a new > emacs, after it has gotten confused after a suspend-resume. How come? Automatic reconnection after the IMAP connection got closed for whatever reason seems to work just fine with both the old and the new nnimap. (I do remember issues with the old one and starttls that I managed to work around by just using ssl instead of starttls.) Is there another reason why Gnus would get confused when keeping connections open while suspending? While personally I still prefer the old behaviour, I don't have any strong feelings about it either way. I'd be fine with writing a couple more lines in my configuration to keep it the way I like if the new behaviour is decided to be the preferred one. However, disconnecting on suspend only to work around other unrelated bugs doesn't seem quite right to me.