* .BMP images don't show up
@ 2010-05-09 13:02 jidanni
From: jidanni @ 2010-05-09 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I got a mail with .JPG and .BMP images.
The .BMP image required me to press RET upon it, whereupon it showed up
in an imagemagick window. The .JPG image need no such fuss of course.

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01CAE62B.623FC8D0

...5mH/AAjth/df/vqjlSJcmyWHQLGNtyq+fdqOSN72DmZ//9...

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01CAE62B.623FC8D0

Qk1KdAMAAAAAADYAAAAoAAAAJgIAAIkAAAABABgAAAAAABR0...

* Re: .BMP images don't show up
@ 2010-05-09 17:54 ` Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 2010-05-09 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> I got a mail with .JPG and .BMP images.
> The .BMP image required me to press RET upon it, whereupon it showed up
> in an imagemagick window. The .JPG image need no such fuss of course.

Usually this is because Gnus thinks the image was too large to fit in the
message frame.

* Re: .BMP images don't show up
@ 2010-05-09 18:09   ` Sven Joachim
From: Sven Joachim @ 2010-05-09 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On 2010-05-09 19:54 +0200, Russ Allbery wrote:

> jidanni@jidanni.org writes:
>
>> I got a mail with .JPG and .BMP images.
>> The .BMP image required me to press RET upon it, whereupon it showed up
>> in an imagemagick window. The .JPG image need no such fuss of course.
>
> Usually this is because Gnus thinks the image was too large to fit in the
> message frame.

In the case of .bmp images it is simply that Emacs does not support
them, so an external viewer is required.

Sven