* cannot get new mail
@ 2007-06-02  5:54 ssSslang
From: ssSslang @ 2007-06-02  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

hi everyone, I don't know what I've done(maybe switch emacs between 22
and 23), but now I cannot make gnus(No Gnus v0.6) works like before. I
mean one of my mail group holds for emacs maillist is "dead". When I hit
'g' in group buffer to grub new mail from mail source, the emacs
maillist group doesn't tell me there're new mail while other groups do.
And when I hit 'enter' on that group, it asks me "how many articles ....
(default 2840)". But I only have 367 articles in the group. So I changed
the .mark file in the group folder and the .newsrc.eld file(I have
backup), but they all seem not work at all. Please give me some help,
thanks!
--
ssSslang

* Re: cannot get new mail
@ 2007-06-02 10:53 ` ssSslang
From: ssSslang @ 2007-06-02 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I found that I had cache a mail with '*' and it has the message number
2840. I use 'gnus-group-compact-group' to make the group index smaller,
but it seems not touch the cache directory. I move the cached mail, the
problem clear.

Moreover, I usually add 'total-expire' option to maillist group. But
if I found a useful mail which I want to hold, how should I do? I use
cache before, it's not a good idea. Copy to another group? Is there an
easier way?
--
ssSslang