* how to generate the summary when gnus-summary-line-format is changed
@ 2005-09-14 13:58 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-09-14 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

In mozilla (thunderbird) it is possible to change the format of a
summary interactively. I can't see how to do this in gnus. It seems I
have to leave and to reenter the group, after I changed this variable
for the group. I tried varios gnus regenerate functions (which seem to
act on the agent rather.)

So is there such a possibility?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: how to generate the summary when gnus-summary-line-format is changed
@ 2005-09-14 22:30 ` Nelson Ferreira
From: Nelson Ferreira @ 2005-09-14 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Uwe" == Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

    Uwe> Hello In mozilla (thunderbird) it is possible to change the
    Uwe> format of a summary interactively. I can't see how to do this
    Uwe> in gnus. It seems I have to leave and to reenter the group,
    Uwe> after I changed this variable for the group. I tried varios
    Uwe> gnus regenerate functions (which seem to act on the agent
    Uwe> rather.)

    Uwe> So is there such a possibility?

Have you tried M-g to update the summary buffer ?

[...]

--
Nelson Ferreira

* Re: how to generate the summary when gnus-summary-line-format is changed
@ 2005-09-15 10:11   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2005-09-15 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

   Nelson> Have you tried M-g to update the summary buffer ?
No, now I did but it does not work.
More in detail, in that summary I fire up the function.

(defun my-set-line-format-spam ()
  (interactive)
  (message "Now the spam line setting is on")
  (set-variable 'gnus-summary-line-format "%N%z%I%(%A %)  %s\n"))

Indeed describe variable returns

`gnus-summary-line-format' is a variable declared in Lisp.
  -- loaded from "gnus"

Value: "%N%z%I%(%A %)  %s\n"

So tried M-g but no change in the summary buffer!!!

Uwe