* Simple (I hope) split question
@ 2005-08-29 14:19 Björn Lindström
From: Björn Lindström @ 2005-08-29 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using an RSS to e-mail gateway that generates headers of the form

I want these messages to be sent to the corresponding mail group.

According to my best understanding of the manual, this split-fancy rule
should do the trick:

("X-Custom-Group" ".*" "\\&")

However, this rule makes Gnus move the messages to the empty string
group. With nnml, this means writing the messages directly to files in
the root of my nnml tree, which by the way seems to be a bug in itself,
since there's no way to read those messages in Gnus.

Anyway, how should I modify that split rule so that mails with that
header are moved to the corresponding mail group?

* Re: Simple (I hope) split question
@ 2005-08-30  2:30 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2005-08-30  2:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I'm using an RSS to e-mail gateway that generates headers of the form

> I want these messages to be sent to the corresponding mail group.

> According to my best understanding of the manual, this split-fancy rule
> should do the trick:

> ("X-Custom-Group" ".*" "\\&")

> However, this rule makes Gnus move the messages to the empty string
> group. With nnml, this means writing the messages directly to files in
> the root of my nnml tree, which by the way seems to be a bug in itself,
> since there's no way to read those messages in Gnus.

> Anyway, how should I modify that split rule so that mails with that
> header are moved to the corresponding mail group?

Does the following rule work?

("X-Custom-Group" "[\t ]\\([^\t\n ]+\\)" "\\1")

There should be one or more spaces or tabs between the header
and the group name, the group name should not contain whitespace,
furthermore the `nnmail-split-fancy-match-partial-words'
variable should be set to t (note that changing the value of
that variable affects the behavior of the other splitting rules).

* Re: Simple (I hope) split question
@ 2005-08-30 12:35   ` Björn Lindström
From: Björn Lindström @ 2005-08-30 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org> writes:

> Does the following rule work?
>
> ("X-Custom-Group" "[\t ]\\([^\t\n ]+\\)" "\\1")

It does. Thanks.