* gnus from cvs and leafnode
@ 2005-07-31 22:04 Ruslan Spivak
From: Ruslan Spivak @ 2005-07-31 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I have following problem with latest emacs + gnus from cvs + leafnode:
when i enter summary buffer for 2 of subscribed
groups on localhost served by leafnode nntp server
(gmane.comp.web.zope.zope3 and gmane.comp.web.zope.zope3.cvs) there are
leafnode placeholders for every article in the group and number of
articles in group buffer for those 2 groups are incorrect.

For example with stock emacs 21.4.1 + gnus 5.9.0 all works just fine -
in group buffer i have 6886 message for zope3 group and 7068 for
zope3.cvs, i can see all articles and no leafnode placeholders.
With the latest emacs + gnus or just with latest gnus and emacs 21.4.1
i see that there are 20089 articles for zope3.cvs and 13486 for zope3
group and entering group displays those leafnode placeholders and
articles are empty.

Version of leafnode is 1.11.3

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ruslan

* Re: gnus from cvs and leafnode
@ 2005-08-03  1:39 ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2005-08-03  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ruslan Spivak <rspivak@nuxeo.com> writes:

> I have following problem with latest emacs + gnus from cvs + leafnode:
> when i enter summary buffer for 2 of subscribed
> groups on localhost served by leafnode nntp server
> (gmane.comp.web.zope.zope3 and gmane.comp.web.zope.zope3.cvs) there are
> leafnode placeholders for every article in the group and number of
> articles in group buffer for those 2 groups are incorrect.

[...]

> Version of leafnode is 1.11.3

I run the same versions of Gnus and Leafnode, under XEmacs, and don't
see this issue.  I don't read those specific gmane groups, but do read
others (like this one) that way.

So, it is probably a somewhat local (or Emacs specific) issue.
    Daniel