* change headers in message buffer
@ 2005-01-26 10:36 Sebastian Luque
       [not found] ` <87r7k8zdc1.fsf-by2PdLBuqAc@public.gmane.org>
From: Sebastian Luque @ 2005-01-26 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm now almost all set with Gnus, but there are a couple of things I can't
tweak with what I've read so far:

      1. How to choose which headers appear in the message composition buffer?
         I've looked at gnus-visible-headers and gnus-ignored-headers, and the
         first one is set correctly, causing the latter to be ignored. I don't
         want to see "X-Draft-From" or "References" when I'm writing a
         message.

      2. How to bring my address book from kmail to be used with Gnus. I
         looked a little bit into bbdb, and it looks like it'll take some
         pretty hard studying. Also, is it possible to generate groups of
         addresses to which one can refer instead of typing every single one
         of them? I'd be grateful to hear what others are using and how they
         got there.

Thanks in advance and for your help so far.

--
Best regards,
Sebastian

* Re: change headers in message buffer
       [not found] ` <87r7k8zdc1.fsf-by2PdLBuqAc@public.gmane.org>
@ 2005-01-26 11:00   ` Jochen Küpper
From: Jochen Küpper @ 2005-01-26 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sebastian Luque <sluque-by2PdLBuqAc@public.gmane.org> writes:

>       2. How to bring my address book from kmail to be used with Gnus.

Dunno. Maybe you should check on the bbdb mailing list.

>          I looked a little bit into bbdb, and it looks like it'll
>          take some pretty hard studying. Also, is it possible to
>          generate groups of addresses to which one can refer instead
>          of typing every single one of them? I'd be grateful to hear
>          what others are using and how they got there.

Use the mail-alias-field in bbdb. See
,----[ (info "(bbdb)Mail Sending Interfaces") ]
| Mailing Lists and Mail Aliases
| [...]
`----

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)

@ 2005-01-26 20:06 ` Jhair Tocancipa Triana
From: Jhair Tocancipa Triana @ 2005-01-26 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sebastian Luque writes:

> I'm now almost all set with Gnus, but there are a couple of things I can't
> tweak with what I've read so far:

>       1. How to choose which headers appear in the message composition buffer?
>          I've looked at gnus-visible-headers and gnus-ignored-headers, and the
>          first one is set correctly, causing the latter to be ignored. I don't
>          want to see "X-Draft-From" or "References" when I'm writing a
>          message.

You should take a look at the Message info manual.

,----
| `message-hidden-headers'
|      A regexp, a list of regexps, or a list where the first element is
|      `not' and the rest are regexps.  It says which headers to keep
|      hidden when composing a message.
|
|           (setq message-hidden-headers
|                 '(not "From" "Subject" "To" "Cc" "Newsgroups"))
`----

(info "(message)Message Headers"); <== Press C-x C-e here!

Does that help?

--
--Jhair

PGP key available from public servers - ID: 0xBAA600D0

* Re: change headers in message buffer
@ 2005-01-27 23:58   ` Sebastian Luque
From: Sebastian Luque @ 2005-01-27 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:06:08 +0100, Jhair Tocancipa Triana <jhair_tocancipa@gmx.net> wrote:

> You should take a look at the Message info manual.
>
> ,----
> | `Message-hidden-headers' A regexp, a list of regexps, or a list where the
> | first element is `not' and the rest are regexps.  It says which headers to
> | keep hidden when composing a message.
> |
> |           (Setq message-hidden-headers '(not "From" "Subject" "To" "Cc"
> | "Newsgroups"))
> `----
>
> (Info "(message)Message Headers"); <== Press C-x C-e here!
>
> Does that help?

Absolutely! Thank you so much. BTW, how do you quote the info lines so nicely?
Is that boxquote?

--
Best wishes,
Sebastian

<sel> need help: my first packet to my provider gets lost :-(
<netgod> sel:  dont send the first one, start with #2