* "reading styles"?
@ 2004-03-27 18:59 Michael Schierl
From: Michael Schierl @ 2004-03-27 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

today i found "posting styles" in Gnus manual (not by accident, but
i'm at reading it from beginning to end atm and I've just got to that
point).

Seems that I'll like them. But, as I usually read more than I post,
I'd like "reading styles" even more - something like "don't do
threading in group foo" or "add a function to highlight cvs logs
properly¹ to gnus-article-prepare-hook in groups whose name ends with
`.cvs'" - or "use a different summary line format in nnarchive
groups".

Is there something available similar to posting styles which can be
used to do this? Or, if not, which hook should I hook?

Michael

¹ I've written that and it works almost perfectly. Except that I've
enabled it in all groups now and it might look ugly when it reaches a
"false positive²".
² an article starting with "^Update of \\(/[^ ]*\\)$"

* Re: "reading styles"?
@ 2004-03-28  4:15 ` Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2004-03-28  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Michael Schierl wrote:
> today i found "posting styles" in Gnus manual (not by accident, but
> i'm at reading it from beginning to end atm and I've just got to that
> point).
>
> Seems that I'll like them. But, as I usually read more than I post,
> I'd like "reading styles" even more - something like "don't do
> threading in group foo" or "add a function to highlight cvs logs
> properly¹ to gnus-article-prepare-hook in groups whose name ends with
> `.cvs'" - or "use a different summary line format in nnarchive
> groups".
>
> Is there something available similar to posting styles which can be
> used to do this? Or, if not, which hook should I hook?

The `Group Parameters' section in the info file should point you in the
right direction.

      Daniel

--
What is art but a way of seeing?
        -- Thomas Berger

* Re: "reading styles"?
@ 2004-03-28 21:07   ` Michael Schierl
From: Michael Schierl @ 2004-03-28 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:

>> Is there something available similar to posting styles which can be
>> used to do this? Or, if not, which hook should I hook?
>
> The `Group Parameters' section in the info file should point you in the
> right direction.

Thanks. Must have missed that one (At least the `gnus-parameters'
variable).

Michael

* Re: "reading styles"?
@ 2004-03-28 21:55   ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2004-03-28 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> writes:

> On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Michael Schierl wrote:
>> today i found "posting styles" in Gnus manual (not by accident, but
>> i'm at reading it from beginning to end atm and I've just got to that
>> point).
>>
>> Seems that I'll like them. But, as I usually read more than I post,
>> I'd like "reading styles" even more - something like "don't do
>> threading in group foo" or "add a function to highlight cvs logs
>> properly¹ to gnus-article-prepare-hook in groups whose name ends with
>> `.cvs'" - or "use a different summary line format in nnarchive
>> groups".
>>
>> Is there something available similar to posting styles which can be
>> used to do this? Or, if not, which hook should I hook?
>
> The `Group Parameters' section in the info file should point you in the
> right direction.

And Topic parameters help to do some customizations for a group of groups.

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough