Hi, Unfortunately, I will have to read mail from a dial-up Windows 2000 box. Sometimes I will connect to the Net, get (i.e. POP3) and send (SMTP) the mail and disconnect. Well, let's assume, I have a program, which I can call withing emacs and it does the connection and disconnection processes. But what to do in between of calls to it? Would someone recommend some setup [1]? First, is the outgoing mail. feedmail? The agent? Whatever else? Second, the incoming mail. I don't want Gnus to try checking mail, when offline. Is it OK, if mail-sources is set to nil, but upon the delivery process I'll (let ...) it to the pop3 server and call gnus-group-get-new-news? Or is there a better way? [1] Yes, I know and prefer, whereas possible, the fetchmail and MTA queue combo. But, I'm afraid, it's not possible there. -- I accept RFC3156 and RFC1991-compatible encrypted mail. PGP key fingerprint: 123A 7CCE 6E26 6233 0D87 E01A A0F8 3524 FCD8 1841