From: Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com>
Subject: Re: drafts and imap
Date: 24 May 2000 01:24:40 -0400	[thread overview]

Clinton Roy <latte@uq.net.au> writes:

> * tell the imap back end to only grab mail from my inbox? I've tried
> various values of nnimap-list-pattern but nothing seems to work.

What *do* you have for list-pattern? I have the following, and this
only tries to read mail from under ~/mail/ directory:

      gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnml "")
				      (nnimap "soup"
					      (nnimap-address "soup")
					      (nnimap-list-pattern ( ("mail/" . "*")))))

I think you should also add "INBOX" (I use procmail to filter out
all of my mail, and nothing gets stored in the default spool file).

> * tell imap to store it's cached copy of the server somewhere other then
> ~/ ?

I may be missing something out, but what do you mean by cached copy of
the server? Do you mean that you cache IMAP articles? What for?

> * get it to stop asking me for username, password and if i want this info
> to be carried across the session

Edit your ~/.authinfo file (similar syntax to .netrc).

> My draft group is broken, and i'm this happened before i started
> mucking with anything, so i'm pretty sure it's just because of the
> upgrade.
>
> i've tried: recompling my .gnus, killing the group, deleting the group
> (which isn't supported) and physically ripping out the group from the
> underlying file system.
>
> half finished messages do get saved, but all i see in the *group* buffer
> is:
>
>         *: nndraft:drafts

What happens when you do "M-g" on it?
--