* blackballed on gmane
@ 2014-04-21 22:50 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2014-04-21 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I have a project involving some 35-40 thousand msg off
gmane. Eventhough its happened to me before... I just didn't think
that would be enough... after reading the message at:

   http://gmane.org/denied.php (The page to check for denial)

I got the impression it would take a good bit more than that:

It says in part:

,----
| Actions that may lead to denial include:
|
|     Really excessive downloading of articles. I mean, really.
|     Address-harvesting-like behavior. (Selecting many, many groups,
|     reading few articles.) Feeding articles onto Usenet.
|
| It takes a lot to trigger a denial. Nobody who uses Gmane with a
| normal news reader can cause a denial.
`----

That page does show my outward facing IP

And now I've posted about it in 3 differnt groups.... sorry if it
seems I'm flayling a bit... but the mighty gmane that Lars and many
others set up some years ago has become a very integral part of my
news reading for some yrs now.

Gmane has become a legendary undertaking... maybe quite a bit more
than Lars and friends envisioned at first.  I do hope they can keep it
going for years to come.

But back to my denial.

I hope someone notices my posts today sometime.

* Re: blackballed on gmane
@ 2014-09-24 21:31 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-09-24 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 18:50:05 -0400 Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:

HP> I hope someone notices my posts today sometime.

On the Gnus mailing list, silence can mean anything :)

Ted