* git gnus info compilation fails in cygwin
@ 2014-02-08  1:58 Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2014-02-08  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Noticed this when I was compiling gnus in situ.  It used to compile
cleanly a week back.

cd texi && make EMACS="/usr/bin/emacs" all
make[1]: Entering directory '/cygdrive/c/gnu/elisp/gnusgit/gnus/texi'
if test "x/usr/bin/makeinfo" != "xno" ; then \
  LC_ALL=C /usr/bin/makeinfo -I . --enable-encoding -o gnus gnus.texi; \
else \
  rm -f gnus; \
  /usr/bin/emacs -batch -q -no-site-file -l ./infohack.el -f batch-makeinfo gnus.texi; \
fi
gnus.texi:3: @include: could not find gnus-overrides.texi
Makefile:37: recipe for target 'gnus' failed
make[1]: *** [gnus] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/gnu/elisp/gnusgit/gnus/texi'
Makefile:84: recipe for target 'info' failed
make: *** [info] Error 2

 sivaram
 --

 sivaram

* Re: git gnus info compilation fails in cygwin
@ 2014-02-10  3:59 ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2014-02-10  3:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Sivaram Neelakantan wrote:
> Noticed this when I was compiling gnus in situ.  It used to compile
> cleanly a week back.

> cd texi && make EMACS="/usr/bin/emacs" all
> make[1]: Entering directory '/cygdrive/c/gnu/elisp/gnusgit/gnus/texi'
> if test "x/usr/bin/makeinfo" != "xno" ; then \
>   LC_ALL=C /usr/bin/makeinfo -I . --enable-encoding -o gnus gnus.texi; \
> else \
>   rm -f gnus; \
>   /usr/bin/emacs -batch -q -no-site-file -l ./infohack.el -f batch-makeinfo gnus.texi; \
> fi
> gnus.texi:3: @include: could not find gnus-overrides.texi

Strange.  Make sure that you've downloaded the Git Gnus correctly.
The gnus-overrides.texi file should exist in the texi directory
(currently the size is zero).

Besides this, I've installed some fixes so that the Git Gnus can
be compiled even if the makeinfo command is not available.  So,
try downloading it again anyway.

* Re: git gnus info compilation fails in cygwin
@ 2014-02-10  6:28   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2014-02-10  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> Besides this, I've installed some fixes so that the Git Gnus can
> be compiled even if the makeinfo command is not available.  So,
> try downloading it again anyway.

Please check it out again if you've done it before seeing this
message.  I've fixed it again so as to work for the no-makeinfo
case.

* Re: git gnus info compilation fails in cygwin
@ 2014-02-10 12:32     ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2014-02-10 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, Feb 10 2014,Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

> Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
>> Besides this, I've installed some fixes so that the Git Gnus can
>> be compiled even if the makeinfo command is not available.  So,
>> try downloading it again anyway.
>
> Please check it out again if you've done it before seeing this
> message.  I've fixed it again so as to work for the no-makeinfo
> case.

There was some problem with the permission bits of the file.  I did a
chmod 755 and it compiled without issues.  Though it never had an
issue over the last couple of months since using git gnus.

 sivaram