From: Alberto Luaces <aluaces@udc.es>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: re-splitting old mail: nnimap version
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 12:26:51 +0200	[thread overview]

Eric Abrahamsen writes:

> Alberto Luaces <aluaces@udc.es> writes:
>
>> Eric Abrahamsen writes:
>>
>>> With nnmail you could re-split existing messages by respooling them. The
>>> respool process only triggers splitting for nnmail, however, not for
>>> nnimap. Is there any other nnimap-specific trick?
>>
>> You can try to set the nnimap-split-predicate variable to UNDELETED just
>> for one time in order to split all the messages, according to the
>> documentation.
>
> Thanks! That variable doesn't exist here, though, with a gnus from git.
> Is it maybe something that's built or checked dynamically?

Oops... I'm using gnus from Emacs23, so yours is much more recent.  I
remember that there was some renaming with nnimap splitting variables in
order to be identical to those of nnmail.  Maybe you can search
nnimap.el for "split-predicate" in order to see if it got renamed too.
For reference, here is the old documentation for the variable:

«
nnimap-split-predicate is a variable defined in `nnimap.el'.
Its value is "UNSEEN"

  This variable is potentially risky when used as a file local variable.

Documentation:
The predicate used to find articles to split.
If you use another IMAP client to peek on articles but always would
like nnimap to split them once it's started, you could change this to
"UNDELETED". Other available predicates are available in
RFC2060 section 6.4.4.
»

--
Alberto