From: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: gnus quietly quits in background?
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 16:51:25 +0800	[thread overview]

I've been keeping up to date with the Ma Gnus development branch, and a
couple of days ago I started getting a very strange error. While
browsing articles in a group (so far it's only happened in NNTP groups),
I'll suddenly start getting the error "No buffer named *Group*" any time
I try to scroll an article or open a new article. Sure enough, gnus
seems to have quietly crashed in the background: I've got my open
summary and article buffers, but the *Group* buffer and all the other
gnus-related buffers have silently gone away, and I'm not able to
perform any normal gnus operations in the summary/article buffers.

I don't know how to trigger this -- it's been happening occasionally as
I read news, maybe once for every ten minutes of news reading. No other
error pops up.

I tried isolating by starting emacs with the -Q option and adding the
gnus codebase to load-path, but was unable to start gnus at all --
though all my gnus-related files are in standard locations it's
apparently too tied to my .emacs configuration to get out of the gate.

I guess I'll leave it at that, with some direction I hope I can provide
some more useful information…

Thanks,
Eric

--
GNU Emacs 24.0.93.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-02-16