Russ Allbery writes: > Manuel Carro writes: > >> I have a related question. I use Gnus to download mail from IMAP / POP >> accounts to read them locally. Newly downloaded, unread mails are >> marked with a dot in front of them. But if I quit Gnus, enter again and >> download more email, the mails which were previously downloaded but >> which I didn't read yet do not have any mark. > >> Any idea on how can I make Gnus show a mark for unread mails, no matter >> how long ago they were downloaded? > > The absence of a mark (other than the unseen "." mark) *is* the mark for > an unread message. No. It's for "unseen" articles --- that you haven't even read the title. > Once you read the message, it will be marked with an R. -- Carl Lei (XeCycle) Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University OpenPGP public key: 7795E591 Fingerprint: 1FB6 7F1F D45D F681 C845 27F7 8D71 8EC4 7795 E591