* Display number of attachments in summary line
@ 2011-12-05  9:15 Kostas Zorbadelos
From: Kostas Zorbadelos @ 2011-12-05  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello all,

this is my first post to this list. I use gnus (No Gnus v0.18) for mail
reading via IMAP.

Is there a way to display the number of a message's attachments in the
summary line?
I saw no relevant variable in gnus-summary-line-format, so I guess some
elisp code must be written, or am I wrong?

Regards,

Kostas

--
Kostas Zorbadelos
twitter:@kzorbadelos		http://gr.linkedin.com/in/kzorba

* Re: Display number of attachments in summary line
@ 2012-01-03 20:56 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-01-03 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kzorba; +Cc: ding

Kostas Zorbadelos <kzorba@otenet.gr> writes:

> Is there a way to display the number of a message's attachments in the
> summary line?

Nope.  This information is generally not available to Gnus when the
summary buffer is generated.  Gnus would have to download the message
bodies and inspect them to be able to display this information, which
would be impractically slow.

However, for nnimap groups, this information is actually available,
since it's returned in the header data, so it would be possible to
include the info for nnimap groups.  Nobody has written such code yet,
though.