* Archives/Usenet server of Ding list
@ 2011-03-14 15:26 David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2011-03-14 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

The site <URL:http://www.gnus.org/resources.html> states

    The ding mailing list is gatewayed to the gnus.ding newsgroup. The
    gateway is bi-directional ­ everything mailed to the mailing list
    will appear on the newsgroup, and all articles posted to the
    newsgroup will appear on the mailing list.

There is a hyperlink on gnus.ding leading to the appropriately named
group on the news.gnus.org server.  This group contains exclusively SPAM
and does not appear to be related to what is either sent to the ding
mailing list, nor to its archives.

In contrast, the gnus-bug list on the same server appears to mirror the
bug mailing list for Gnus.

--
David Kastrup

* Re: Archives/Usenet server of Ding list
@ 2011-03-15 15:43 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-03-15 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

>     The ding mailing list is gatewayed to the gnus.ding newsgroup. The
>     gateway is bi-directional ­ everything mailed to the mailing list
>     will appear on the newsgroup, and all articles posted to the
>     newsgroup will appear on the mailing list.
>
> There is a hyperlink on gnus.ding leading to the appropriately named
> group on the news.gnus.org server.

I've now updated this to point to the Gmane archive instead.

(At least I think I have -- Ted, does the automatic deployment work?
:-)

* Re: Archives/Usenet server of Ding list
@ 2011-03-15 15:52   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-03-15 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:43:00 +0100 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:

LMI> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>> The ding mailing list is gatewayed to the gnus.ding newsgroup. The
>> gateway is bi-directional ­ everything mailed to the mailing list
>> will appear on the newsgroup, and all articles posted to the
>> newsgroup will appear on the mailing list.
>>
>> There is a hyperlink on gnus.ding leading to the appropriately named
>> group on the news.gnus.org server.

LMI> I've now updated this to point to the Gmane archive instead.

LMI> (At least I think I have -- Ted, does the automatic deployment work?
LMI> :-)

Not yet but this is a good chance to test it.  I'll try it out soon-ish
and maybe do some trivial pushes to trigger the deployment.

Ted

* Re: Archives/Usenet server of Ding list
@ 2011-03-17 11:22     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2011-03-17 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:52:39 -0500 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:

TZ> Not yet but this is a good chance to test it.  I'll try it out soon-ish
TZ> and maybe do some trivial pushes to trigger the deployment.

Done, I'll follow up about the mechanics in an older thread.

Ted