* Wrong number of arguments: #[(mode host protocol)
@ 2010-10-20 17:44 Olivier Sirven
From: Olivier Sirven @ 2010-10-20 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello,

I tried to switch to the git version of gnus but my imap folders won't
work.
When launching gnus, I have an error complaining about a wrong number of
arguments when opening the imap folder. When I look at *Messages* buffer
I can see it tries to open /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/auth-source.elc
file instead of the new one located under ~/src/gnus/lisp.

I'm wondering why as it seems to me the initialization of gnus is
correctly made using following code:

,----
| (setq load-path (cons (expand-file-name "~/src/gnus/lisp") load-path))
| (require 'gnus-load)
| (require 'info)
| (add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list "~/src/gnus/texi/")
`----

This code is the very last one executed by my initialization file.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Olivier

* Re: Wrong number of arguments: #[(mode host protocol)
@ 2010-10-20 17:58 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2010-10-20 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 19:44:15 +0200 Olivier Sirven <the.slaa@gmail.com> wrote:

OS> Hello,
OS> I tried to switch to the git version of gnus but my imap folders won't
OS> work.
OS> When launching gnus, I have an error complaining about a wrong number of
OS> arguments when opening the imap folder. When I look at *Messages* buffer
OS> I can see it tries to open /usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus/auth-source.elc
OS> file instead of the new one located under ~/src/gnus/lisp.

OS> I'm wondering why as it seems to me the initialization of gnus is
OS> correctly made using following code:

OS> ,----
OS> | (setq load-path (cons (expand-file-name "~/src/gnus/lisp") load-path))
OS> | (require 'gnus-load)
OS> | (require 'info)
OS> | (add-to-list 'Info-default-directory-list "~/src/gnus/texi/")
OS> `----

OS> This code is the very last one executed by my initialization file.

OS> What am I doing wrong?

What is your load-path?  What does `M-x locate-library auth-source' say?

Ted

* Re: Wrong number of arguments: #[(mode host protocol)
@ 2010-10-20 18:11   ` Olivier Sirven
From: Olivier Sirven @ 2010-10-20 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On 2010-10-20 19:58:00, Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:
> What is your load-path?  What does `M-x locate-library auth-source' say?

my load-path:
,----
| (
| "/home/slaanesh/.emacs.d/lisp/bbdb" "/home/slaanesh/src/gnus/lisp"
| [...]
| "/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp/gnus-bonus-el"
| [...]
| "/usr/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/gnus"
| [...]
| )
`----

`M-x locate-library auth-source' says:
,----
| Library is file ~/src/gnus/lisp/auth-source.elc
`----

So I guess everything seems to be ok. I don't understand why the
previous auth-source would be loaded?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-10-20 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Olivier Sirven <the.slaa@gmail.com> writes:

> So I guess everything seems to be ok. I don't understand why the
> previous auth-source would be loaded?

Perhaps you're loading it before you load Gnus?  Put the load-path thing
as the first thing in your ~/.emacs, and make sure there's no site-wide
Emacs customisations.

* Re: Wrong number of arguments: #[(mode host protocol)
@ 2010-10-20 18:31       ` Olivier Sirven
From: Olivier Sirven @ 2010-10-20 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On 2010-10-20 20:13:06, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
> Perhaps you're loading it before you load Gnus?  Put the load-path thing
> as the first thing in your ~/.emacs, and make sure there's no site-wide
> Emacs customisations.

Must be this, I moved it up as suggested and now it works just fine

Thanks!

--
Olivier