David Engster writes: > I agree that one place were this could be fixed is EmacsSpeak, but we > could also at least try to circumvent this problem by putting the > hidden text after the button, i.e. at the end of the line. Attached is a patch against current CVS which implements the above workaraound, so that hidden citations don't shadow the first character of the visible text. I'd appreciate if others could test if this patch breaks anything with hiding citations. Please note that I had to remove the explicit newlines at the end of gnus-cited-opened/closed-text-button-line-format; they will now be put there implicitly. This is an incompatible change, but I'd say a rather small (and only cosmetic) one. If no one objects in the next few days, I'd like to commit this. I will then also fix the doc string for gnus-article-toggle-cited-text. -David