How can I teach gnus to respect 'default-key' and 'encrypt-to' in my ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf rather than using (apparently) the newest key found in secring.gpg for signing and the newest key on the public keyring identified with my user id for "encrypt to self"? If Gnus insists on being smarter than ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf how else can it be coerced into doing what I want with respect to the choice of keys used for signing ('default-key' in gpg talk) and encrypting to self ('encrypt-to' in gpg talk)? I'm using No Gnus v0.6 from the Debian package gnus-5.11+v0.5.dfsg-3 atop XEmacs 21.4 (patch 20) from the Debian xemacs21-21.4.20-2 package. jam