* Any mimedefang sharp shooters here?
@ 2006-06-23 17:26 reader
From: reader @ 2006-06-23 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to get copies of all my personal outgoing mail as it leaves my
local sendmail process.  Its a single user machine so that would be
any mail leaving.  I do have some dummy accounts for testing mail and
such.

I want to see *EXACTLY* what is actually being sent to my ISP
smarthost.  Certain mail I send clears my mta and appears to clear my
ISP smarthost as judged by verbose smtp output of mailx -v.

And I don't get a bounce.  The mail just never appears at the other
end.

Looks like I should be able to do this by installing mimedefang.  It
wants to do lots more than I need so I thought maybe I could sort of
short circuit the various perl sub funcs that get used and either make
them be ignored or return immediately allowing the script to run up to
the `filter_end' function where hopefully I could add some simple code
to have a duplicate deposited somewhere on my machine.

My perl is way too shakey to do this without wreaking major havoc.